Training available to all users
New to Works? Need a refresher? This Welcome to Works video gives a detailed introduction to Works: what it is, how activities are entered, and how faculty run reports.
Welcome to Works
Open training sessions for faculty are offered throughout the year. These group training sessions focus on importing publications, reviewing and managing imported data (grants, teaching, and advising), and manual data entry in Works. Please bring any specific questions and we are happy to answer them. If registering for a virtual event, meeting information will be emailed prior to the session. The next virtual training sessions for faculty are on:
- Thursday, December 8th at 11:00 am CDT
If you have additional questions or training needs:
- Faculty: If you have additional questions or training needs, please contact [email protected] to request a training.
- Proxies (i.e. staff members entering data on behalf of faculty): Please review our training videos and resources. If you are in the Medical School, refer to the additional resources provided by the MS-OFA team.
Read these guides to access detailed information about using Works. Learn more about this online tool with training materials tailored to your specific college/unit.
- School of Fine Arts
- College of Education and Human Service Professions
- Labovitz School of Business and Economics
- Swenson College of Science and Engineering
- Liberal Arts (contact your unit or department administrator for guidance about about entering data into Works)
- College of Biological Sciences
- Department of Chemistry Quick-Start Guide
- College of Design Quick-Start Guide
- College of Education and Human Development
- Humphrey School of Public Affairs Quick-Start Guide
- Medical School (contact your unit or department administrator for guidance about entering data into Works)
- College of Pharmacy Quick Start Guide
- College of Food, Agriculture and Natural Resource Sciences (contact your unit or department administrator for guidance about entering data into Works)
- School of Dentistry (contact your unit or department administrator for guidance about entering data ino Works)